Welcome! You've stumbled upon the page of an almost-nineteen year old that's currently undergoing one of her "Who Am I? What Am I Doing Here?" phases. She also happens to have a huge love for words, bright pictures and music, and constantly craves sweet, iced tea drinks. Buy her a cuppa, perhaps?
refresh? || email || facebook


Saturday, April 08, 2006 @ 7:32 AM
Penang Trip : 2.

Okay, I am feeling very very generous and "hardworking" now, so i'm giving you a Penang post - the continuation of the first one, which is in my old blog, http://winniechocomint.blogdrive.com/ , so you all can check it out.

We went to sleep kind of early, because we were told to wake up early the next morning. Still, Tian Yi and Terence (let in by Eric), woke us up by kicking the side of the bed. Thanks a lot. *Grumble*.

Kai Sin and Hua Yein were still sleeping. -_-"

Me and Joan got dressed and then went down to the first floor to eat our breakfast. Soon, Kai Sin and Hua Yein came along, successfully awoken by Yee Lin and the boys.


Kai Sin looks a little sleepy. I was halfway eating my toast when someone snapped this photo. I can't remember who. I think it was Terence. Or someone. Don't blame me. I have the memory and attention span of a newborn puppy.

We hopped into the van, and we went to this Siamese or Thai temple in Penang which has this famous Sleeping Buddha. There were long dragon statues all the way to the entrance. Mystical !

As it turned out, there were these cute Japanese tourists visiting the temple too, and there was one particular cute guy there! * Squeals * We bought little two dollar wax lotuses, and we lit them, writing our names under the lotuses. I made a donation, and a wish, too.

Us posing for a group picture with the famous Buddha which now has hearts all over its body. Exotic! :D I gave it some removable tattoos. * Hee hee *
Before leaving the main building, we were told to walk at the back of the Buddha. We asked why, and teacher said it was sort of a cemetery, and pushed us all in that direction.

I tell you, it was like being in a morgue. Minus the dead bodies. There were little holes, decorated with china urns that contained people's ashes. It was literally up to the ceiling. When we looked to the right, there was this secluded place which was blocked from the public to enter, but we could see right through the door. It was dark, and cemented, and more urns decorated the walls, but there were these four stone tombs on the floor. SUPER FREAKY.

We kept quiet and I prayed while we walked through - I never want to go back in there ever again. It makes your hair stand up on your arm.

We went out, and went to this small building to get our "holy water blessing". Joan, Hua Yein and I kneeled down awkwardly in front of the monk , and he began to chant in Thai, singing this weird song that made me want to laugh out loud. He sprinkled some "holy water" that came from a red pail at his feet. What the fish?

When we were done, we stood up, then suddenly, the aunty who was guarding the door, came over and pointed to the little box. "Donation," she ordered, and we looked at one another. Hello? Donations are up to you if you want to donate or not. And she ORDERED us to give a donation. Joan meekly put in RM5, while I scoffed, and put in RM1. They're not sincere Buddhists.

Us posing at the Pagoda before we made our way to Kek Lok Si. Oh, and most of us had a weird nata-de-coco and coconut icecream on our way out. Not me though. I bought a cold soya bean drink from the woman outside.

We didn't take pictures at the Kek Lok Si temple - although I regretted not taking all the baby tortoises scrambling to eat Terence's kangkung. Evil! Terence dangled a string of kangkung and SERIOUSLY, ALL the baby tortoises swam over to Terence! I'm not kidding! ALL. Other people standing on the other side were like, "Eh? Where did all the tortoises go?" And they were practically climbing over each others' backs to get to the string of kangkung. WAHAHAHA! So funny, yet so evil.

We visited this toy museum next. It was a wonderland - I wish it was mine. Lord Of The Rings figurines, Pirates Of The Carribean, Chuckie, Stitch, you name it, you've got it. You should see the look on Terence's face when he went in.

" OH MY GOD! I WANT I WANT I WANT!"

Us posing with this robot from some anime. I don't know. :(

I think i'll have to cut this post short - tuition soon, and I need to use the bathroom.

Post later tonight!

Muackks!