Welcome! You've stumbled upon the page of an almost-nineteen year old that's currently undergoing one of her "Who Am I? What Am I Doing Here?" phases. She also happens to have a huge love for words, bright pictures and music, and constantly craves sweet, iced tea drinks. Buy her a cuppa, perhaps?
refresh? || email || facebook


Monday, January 29, 2007 @ 10:00 PM
Yeah..

One of those days where everything didn't go right.

Still felt left out.
Yep.

Went to the hair salon to trim hair.
I told the lady, "I want it to curl inwards at the ends when u layer it."
Mom muttered something in Cantonese and pulled her hair in a curl shape to show the lady.
I thought mom was trying to translate what I said for me, so I just nodded along and sat down on the chair.
(The downsides of being a banana.)

An hour later, my hair was wet & shampooed to the max, and the lady was blowing my hair dry, but was rolling my hair into curls.
After she was done, I looked like Barbie on acid.
My hair, I mean.

"MOM! WHY IS MY HAIR THIS CURLY?"
"I told her to curl for you a little bit mah."
"I said, I wanted my hair layered but I want it to curl inwards, not some huge grandma hairstyle!!!!"
"Well, it'll wear off. Wash your hair & tomorrow it will b gone wan lah.. It's nice what."
"................................"

It's much better now, nearly straight again.

Someone pleeeeeeeeeeease start teaching me Cantonese before I die in the hands of a hairstylist.