Welcome! You've stumbled upon the page of an almost-nineteen year old that's currently undergoing one of her "Who Am I? What Am I Doing Here?" phases. She also happens to have a huge love for words, bright pictures and music, and constantly craves sweet, iced tea drinks. Buy her a cuppa, perhaps?
refresh? || email || facebook


Sunday, March 02, 2008 @ 12:51 AM
RUN FOR THE HILLS....

... for the Step Up 2 craze has hit me.

Shit, the movie was awesome, as was the music. (WARNING = SPOILERS AHEAD)

Sure, the plot was a little cliche. Girl loses mom at a young age, girl thinks she fits in with a certain street-dance crowd, girl gets told off by guardian for breaking rules and being rebellious, girl is given an ultimatum : leave Baltimore for Texas to stay with her aunt OR take a dance course at MSA (with the help of cameo Channing Tatum aka Tyler). Girl then risks her relationship with her usual crowd by helplessly fitting in with the people at her school. Eventually her friends ditch her, and the girl goes crying to her new friends - one of which is a very hot Chase Collins aka. Robert Hoffman aka superjock of MSA.

Bla bla bla, yadda yadda yadda, add some dance-bonding time with new friends in between, and TADAAAAAAA you come to the very predictable ending.

Meh, the plot was kind of disappointing. I knew what was going to happen since the start of the movie, but what made me stay was the music and the dance moves. Heck, the main theme of the movie (that low low low low song) is still playing over and over in my head.

I'm downloading the soundtrack as I type this, imagining the dances in my head.

... What I wouldn't give to have dance moves like that.

Labels: