Welcome! You've stumbled upon the page of an almost-nineteen year old that's currently undergoing one of her "Who Am I? What Am I Doing Here?" phases. She also happens to have a huge love for words, bright pictures and music, and constantly craves sweet, iced tea drinks. Buy her a cuppa, perhaps?
refresh? || email || facebook


Thursday, November 15, 2007 @ 7:30 PM
Nobody sang along to James Blunt.

I love concerts.

I've loved them ever since my first one - Simple Plan in 2004. Man, that day's still as clear as ever to me as if it were yesterday. I wonder if I even still have the ticket stub with me.

I love it when the crowd sings along together and layans the singer. At the Simple Plan concert, everyone was rocking out together to the music, singing along at the same time. It's a super good feeling.

My mom calls me nuts for actually wanting to go to concerts that she said will cause "stampedes". It's not like we're a bunch of elephants or anything, but yeah. Damn pointless right, going to a concert like Linkin Park's and then sitting down and watching Chester scream his lungs out to a quiet audience. Then again, she thinks all musicians and actors have AIDS and take drugs. Stereotyping, much?

Convo we had over dinner:

Me: Man, the journey from the US to Asia takes about like what, 15 hours +? I can only imagine what the guys from The Click Five have gone through. Some more once they get off the plane, they have to do press conferences, meet and greets and shows straight away.

Mom: They eat drugs. That's why it keeps them awake.

I nearly spit out the broccoli that was in my mouth.

Me: They don't take drugs lah!

Mom: How you know? These kind of people ah..
Me: MOM! They're so innocent there isn't even a swear word in any of their songs, ok!

Mom: You swear more than them lah.

Man. The Click Five on drugs. Ha. Do any of them look like Pete Doherty to you?

Anyway *rolls eyes*

The pictures! :)

***

The jam on the way to KL - green light, and yet no one's moving. Typical Malaysian KL roads in the evening.

We finally got there after about quite some while and lined up to get ourselves in.

The crowd at 7.28 PM
(wtf small kids wtf)

Free complimentary drinks that we didn't take... :(

After a while, Joey G came on as the emcee of the night to get the crowd hyped up and ready for the concert. The usual "scream as loud as you can" stuff.

Damn funny lah, Malaysian girls.

It's like our country is so deprived of white people that even someone like Joey. G (if you've been hiding under your bed for the past two or three years or so, Joey's a Channel V VJ) can cause the crowd full of girls to go "OH MY GOD! IT'S JOEY! JOEY G!!!!!!" *girls start screaming*

I mean he's KINDA hot - boleh tahan lah - and all, and his accent isn't really as annoying as Paula whatsername's, but still, IT'S JOEY G LAH OMG WTF, NOT BRAD PITT OR SOMETHING!!!!?!?!?!

You cannot imagine how many times me, Joan and Terence rolled our eyes and went "Oh my God lah it's just Joey G wtf!!!"

They even screamed at the not-even-close-to-good-looking soundcheck guy for the Click Five who went on stage to tune Joe's and Ethan's guitars. Omg smack me pls. Unknown white guy also wanna scream.

The microphone.

Was kind of trigger happy while waiting for the boys to come on.

The crowd got bigger and bigger and eventually at 8.20 PM.... nah.

By the end of the show, half of these people were either squished/trampled on. Ha.

Me, Pounds and Joan :)

I was so freaking excited that I rubbed my eye and all my eyeliner smudged wtf and it made me look like I hadn't slept in 234235253 years - given, it's my normal look, but it made it look ten times worse okay!!!!!!!!!!

Joey G back again to give us posters (HE DIDN'T THROW ONE IN OUR DIRECTION ALSO!!! PFFT BOO JOEY I HATE YOU!) and tell us that The Click Five were finally coming.

Note the row of boys sitting behind him. All of them TIDAK LAYAN the band when they came on and they sat there just looking bored. I swear the fat one on the right YAWNED like a million times okay?!

WTF HOW FAIR IS THIS I TELL YOU!!!!!111

WE LAYANED. WE COULDN'T EVEN FREAKING SEE PROPERLY. AND WE GET SUCKY PLACES. *rants nonstop*

And so, the boys came on to millions of screams.

JOE ACTUALLY SMILED.

And I actually took a picture of him smiling. HA!

He looks kind of good with this smile :)

Joe again, and Ethan in front of him, if you look properly.

I swear, I have 24235235234523435 pictures of Joe. I have the most pictures of him for the night.

BEN!

Who was closest to us and winked at us!! 111 Okay, he was being a camera whore, but still!!!!

*dies

I think I love Ben more than Ethan now. HAHA

Flashes of light.

My camera sucks balls.

Picture quality will slowly deteriorate from this point.

Kyle and Joe.

A very sweaty Joey after a few songs and Ben again :)

Joey, but he was looking away.

God, Zheng Joo, I swear, I tried my hardest to take a picture of Joey. I couldn't even see him. All my pictures of Joey look great on camera but they suck on the computer. Oh well. :(

I swear, next time we go together ok!! Must perfect the art of taking pictures of Joey (and Kyle. and Ben. :D) I've enough pictures of Joe to last me a lifetime.

I think this was during "Long Way To Go" or so.

Joe and Kyle headbanging while Kyle does one of his cute rabbit hops!! Damn cute.

Joe and Kyle again...

Joey. And Joe.

Because Joey's the drummer, he keeps nodding his head - and he smiles all the freaking time!! Damn freaking adorkable. We stood on booth chairs for a short while until a waiter asked us to step down because he was reserving it for this one malay girl wtf. Racist much?

Joey again - with closed eyes this time. And Joe.

Joey and Joe again...

Joey and Joe again.. Joe this time looking STRAIGHT AT MY CAMERA!! :D

I like the way his hair looks in this pic.

Ben and Joey.

Kyle bowing after a song.

He was awesome. He sang Just The Girl and Catch Your Wave! He sounded awesome, and he gave the songs a more mature feel with his deeper voice.


I so love the idea that the identical "monkey-suits" or so Ben calls them, are out of the window. Each of them have an own personal style, and yet, they still somewhat look alike.

The guy with the camera you see behind Kyle in the above picture is the official photographer for the KL gig. His pictures are awesome. Let me show them to you.

Here's Ethan. Gosh, I love his blouse.

Kyle having fun. ;)

NO FAIR! :(


Kyle asking us all to go "YEAH!" and "HEY OH!" :D

Kyle and Ethan. I probably have the least shots of Ethan. He was looking ever so awesome in lime green blouse and suit.

Kyle had a slight mishap with his guitar - he broke three strings on them, and he had to change his guitar to his legendary white one :)

My camera sucks. Repeat after me.

Kyle - who was really very hot and sweaty after this point.

"SAY YEAH!"


A very blur picture of Kyle.

Joey's smiling in this picture, if you squint. I think Kyle was introducing Ben on the keyboards :)

Joe and Kyle facing each other while playing an extension bridge to Headlight Disco :)

I got tired of jumping after a while and then I took this photo :P Kyle was in the middle of doing one of his adorable "kangaroo hops".

Joe ... having way too much fun.

Ethan and a sweaty Joe!

Joey concentrating on the song.



Kyle hopped up on one of the amps and started playing like crazy. When he was done, he leaped back onto the stage like a true rockstar.


The End. :(

MY ATTEMPT TO TAKE GOOD PICTURES : FAIL.

Only 5 good pictures out of so many. *sighs*

I made some icons Of the boys -



Nonetheless, I enjoyed Myself. I would die to reexperience that again.

Labels: , , ,