Welcome! You've stumbled upon the page of an almost-nineteen year old that's currently undergoing one of her "Who Am I? What Am I Doing Here?" phases. She also happens to have a huge love for words, bright pictures and music, and constantly craves sweet, iced tea drinks. Buy her a cuppa, perhaps?
refresh? || email || facebook


Tuesday, January 01, 2008 @ 1:35 AM
Hasta la vista, 2007..

1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?
Visit a place that i've never visited before, go to a dance, drink wine, go to college, wear contacts, and a billion other things that i'm too lazy to remember.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I never really make any. I just go with the flow, really. As someone once sang (if i'm not mistaken, it was Julie whatsername in The Sound Of Music), "What will be will be."

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, my cousin Khing. I haven't seen her or her baby yet since the delivery, but i'm sure both of them are fine.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank God.

5. What countries did you visit?
Singapore, early in the year, and a few others that I can't really remember. Maybe it's all that wine....

6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
Better writing and designing skills. A healthier and skinnier physique. More money ;). A DSLR camera. TO ACTUALLY MEET THE CLICK FIVE. And Panic!. And Simple Plan. More concerts, more hoodies, and most importantly, to learn how to love.

7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The few minutes before it struck midnight today. We were running up and down the stairs in Terence's house, waiting for midnight. And we shouted as loud as we could on the balcony overlooking most of PJ, probably and hopefully waking most of Terence's neighbours. The day I entered college. The first of January, which was spent in Singapore with my cousins, running around in hotel slippers and wishing random people a Happy New Year. 7th (or was it 8th) of November. The Click Five concert. Oh, and the day Ben came into the chatroom, of course ;)

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Actually entering college. And that's about it.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Missing FIVE whole concerts. Muse, Good Charlotte, My Chemical Romance, Gwen Stefani and the Black Eyed Peas. Dammit.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Well I don't really get sick. Or injure myself, so i'm good.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Well, my iPod?

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Uh. I don't know?! Can't really think now, thanks to the alcohol.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Ugh. The behavior of many. But i'm over it now. It's a new year. Time for new beginnings.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Clothes. Sneakers. Books. The usual.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The Click Five concert. I was seriously stoked. And then I was let down.

16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
Umbrella - Rihanna
It's practically the song of 2007.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
a) I'm okay, really. Hovering somewhere in the middle.
b) Fatter.
c) I don't really have a steady income.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Go to more concerts. Exercise.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Moping. And feeling sorry for myself.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
Playing some Guitar Hero on the Nintendo Wii, then driving around SS2 with the windows open with WenLiang maniacally shouting "STOP AND STARE" (due to One Republic) to any random passing stranger. Oh, and having some bubble tea and soggy fries in Yippee Cup.

21. Did you fall in love in 2007?
Yeah. In and out of it.

22. What was your favorite TV program?
So far, it's Project Runway.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I wish I didn't but I'm sad to say I do.

24. What was the best book you read?
I don't know. Maybe the Mediator series by Meg Cabot?

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The Click Five. No wait, Melee. I don't know. I've had many musical discove- OH. I KNOW. Paramore.

26. What did you want and get?
So many things. I love you guys.

27. What did you want and not get?
A DSLR. To learn how to love. To meet the Click Five. Oh, so many regrets.

28. What was your favorite film this year?
I don't know. Um, prolly.................. Enchanted?

29. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
I was seventeen. (I still am now) And I went to One Utama.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Completing college. ON TO UNIVERSITY!

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
Hopelessly disappointing. I'm pretty much still a t-shirt and jeans girl at heart.

32. What kept you sane?
Cookies. The internet. Slash fanfiction. Music. Waffles.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Cristiano Ronaldo. For the most part of the year ;)

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Oh gosh. There are so many that irk me that it's really hard to care any more.

35. Who did you miss?
Lynette. I still miss her.

36. Who was the best new person you met?
There are so many! Vivien, Lee Yee, Jayne, Claire, and most of my college friends!

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.
When your heart tells you to do something, do it.

And carpe diem. Seize the day.

Happy New Year, folks.

Labels: